Monday, January 18, 2010

blue monday





I was talking to my brother on the phone tonight. He said he had heard that today (the third Monday in January) is known as 'Blue Monday' and is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. Me? I'm feeling pretty good today, but I can definitely see how in general this particular time of the year can be especially bleak. One thing I am lamenting is the lack of sunlight. I took these pictures on the weekend when I was home during the day. It's kind of sad that most of the time I'm at home it is dark. I don't really mind winter all that much, but I do miss having a few hours of daylight left after coming home from a day at work. And it certainly is a drag for picture taking. But, those weekend afternoons at home with the wintery gray light filtering through the windows are pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment