Saturday, July 25, 2009

lovely ladies


Look I have friends! Sometimes I think I am becoming a hermit who spends all of her time alone painting crystals, knitting baby booties and browsing on ebay. These ladies remind me that this is not the case. We had a homemade pasta night at Alissa's recently. It was delightful and delicious. We have a book club too, and we will be discussing our first book this week: Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. I have about 5 pages left and I have loved it. Some parts are a bit dense and difficult to decipher, but for the most part, it is full of beautiful profound insights about life, and it captures the rambling internal worlds of the characters in a very real, sometimes confusing, but mostly wonderful way. I definitely recommend it.



A vintage cover - nicer than my own copy.



Virginia Woolf is so beautiful in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment